This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us with through the use of our website, will be stored and processed by us.
This policy is effective from 25 May 2018 in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will notify you should any changes be made to it.
What information do we collect?
If you are searching for a property online, we collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. The information we collect includes your title, name, surname, nationality, email address and, if you choose to provide it, your telephone number. In order for us to evaluate the ways in which the website is being used, certain non-personal information related to your web browsing may also be collected while you are using the website.
- in person via our offices,
- by telephone,
- by post,
- by SMS,
- by email,
- live web chat,
- social media such as Facebook and Twitter,
- via our Website,
- via third party websites such as www.allagents.co.uk,
- via property portals including but not limited to www.rightmove.co.uk, www.zoopla.co.uk, www.primelocation.com
If you buy or sell a property with us, we will add more data to this information (economic and financial, other personal circumstances…), which you will be asked for in order to comply with Spanish Laws and Regulations and for us to fully provide the contracted service.
DOWNLOADS AND MEDIA
Any downloadable documents, files, images, video files etc. on our Website are provided to you at your own risk. We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that such files are free of viruses but we recommend that you use anti-virus software as a precaution. We accept no responsibility for downloads and media provided by external third party websites.
What do we do with the information we gather?
The information you provide us with is used to understand what your needs are and which services we can offer, as well as to personalise and streamline your use of the website and to improve your user experience.
We also use this information, in accordance with your mail preferences (the link to which you can find in the footer of every Urbane Newsletter email), to communicate with you about our products, services and promotional offers and to keep your accounts up to date.
We use and analyse this personal information where necessary for the following purposes detailed below:
- Improving our products and services: we will use your personal information to build a profile on you in order to understand your requirements, to improve our Website, as well as to personalise the properties and Services we offer you. We process your personal information in this way as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing better products and Services for you and our other customers.
- Processing your transaction: we use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address and financial details) to enable us to complete a transaction with you when you are using any of our Services. This information may require to be passed on to third parties, including but not limited to solicitors, surveyors, financial advisors etc.
- Preventing fraud: we will also use your personal information to assess your creditworthiness (in the case of buying or renting a property) and to prevent fraud. For this purpose, we may need to share your personal information with our referencing providers and/or solicitors (see “how we share your personal information” below). This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights.
- To provide customer support: if you contact our team (or vice versa), we will use personal information such as your email address, phone number and residential address as well as your contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We will process your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of a contract or if it is required for us to comply with any legal obligations. If it is not necessary to process your personal data for either of these reasons we will process it as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we can provide the best service possible.
- Marketing: When you register your details with us for any of our Services, or enter in to a transaction with us, provide feedback on our service online or use our Website; we will use your personal information to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we have accurate information about you in one place. We create your profile in accordance with your preferences in order to provide you with the best personalised experience, to send you relevant and personalised information, property updates, Service information and for opinion research purposes. Below you can find a more detailed description of the ways in which we will use your personal information for these purposes.
- Website user experience: if you are logged in to your Account on our Website we may alter the way the website works to improve and/or enhance the information displayed to you, or to optimise the way you interact with the Website. We may show personalised content based upon your previous interactions with the website.
What kind of information
The way you interact with us across all the different channels described above (e.g. our Website, social media and marketing messages we send you) and the information we collect in that regard from each of these channels provides us valuable information about your current circumstances and preferences. This insight gives us the opportunity to offer you the best customer service experience possible. To learn about you and your interests, we analyse your interactions with our company using various kinds of information, as set out above. If you have registered your details with Us or engaged one of our Services by entering into a transaction with Us, or if We are permitted by law to send such communications without obtaining your consent, We use the information that you have provided to us when interacting with us for sending you personalised marketing messages about our products or services, events and promotions. In some instances, we will also aggregate your personal information with that of other individuals, to create comprehensive reports about how clients and customers use our products and services. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in analysing our brand and determining how to improve our services.
What kind of messages
The messages we will send you will be personalised and tailored to your individual preferences and requirements. We use analytics in order to generate such personalised messages. These analytics will process your personal information and place you in categories, which determine the content of the messages you will receive from us. These direct marketing messages may contain information about our products and Services, events or promotions and other company news. We personalise these messages on the basis of that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we provide the most appropriate information. We will, in certain circumstances, also use the channels for opinion research (such as to ask if you would like to participate in a survey) and to learn about your experience and improve your experience with Bradleys Estate Agents Ltd, including by sending you personalised messages.
Analysing our business
We will use your personal information (including by anonymising and aggregating it with other customers’ personal information) for sales and financial analysis purposes, to determine how Urbane International Real Estate is performing and where improvements can be made and where necessary to report back to our parent or affiliate group companies. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding how our business is performing, and considering how to improve our performance.
We will ask for your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this privacy statement and as required to do so under applicable law. We will not use your personal information for other purposes before we have received such consent.
How do we protect your information?
At Urbane International Real Estate, we know that the ways in which we use and store your information is very important to you, and we appreciate your trust in us to do that responsibly and carefully.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and protect the information we collect online. Our customer databse is contained in a secure online server with the Zoho Corporation and is protected by passwords and high level online security.
Links to other websites
You may exercise your right to access, modify, remove and permanently delete your personal data by sending an email to: email@example.com, or by writing to us at:Urbane International Real Estate, Calle Caspe, 46, 2-1A, 08010 Barcelona
Please also see our detailed company information and